BaseMind is a next-generation mind mapping tool! It will completely change the way you take notes, create presentations and organize data.
Go get it on the App Store!
Latest versions: MacOS version 1.5, iOS version 1.4
- Maps of infinite depth
- Flexible connection-making and node reparenting
- Quick and easy mind map creation
- Full keyboard control for quick structured mind map typing
- Image drag and drop into existing map nodes or to create new ones
- Connecting nodes between several maps and dynamically combining maps
- Export / Import to files for sharing with other BaseMind users
- Export to PDF
- Freehand writing and drawing
- Intuitive touch controls with help overlays
- Full iCloud support (requires iOS 11 or newer)
Here’s some usage tips for effective mind mapping with BaseMind!
- You can “link” nodes between mind maps by ending their name with an exclamation mark (!). Once a link is made, you can select related maps from the list and click “Add to view” to combine the two. Linkable nodes will be shown with a slightly blue background.
- You can reparent nodes by holding down option (alt) key and dragging from a node to its new parent.
- You can change the center node live by right-clicking on a node and choosing “Make Center”. This way you can have the node graph laid out in a way more friendly towards expanding that specific branch.
Generic mind mapping tips that work well with BaseMind:
- If taking notes, start typing away rather than trying to figure out what the central topic is right away. You can always go back and change the center node. And you can reparent nodes if connections need to be rearranged.
- Be as brief and atomic as possible with naming the nodes. In a mind map, a word often speaks more than a sentence. Pictures are nice but use ones that don’t require wondering what it is about.
- If you’re making a presentation, try to prepare content so that you can start from the center, expand outwards, follow one direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) and speak away.
In an effort to be as open as possible, here’s some features that are on the roadmap and will most likely make their way into BaseMind one day:
- iCloud support for the MacOS version
- Export to JSON / XML
- Support for additional styling (colors, fonts, text sizes)
- Rich text containers for bringing in more data per node
- Selective linking (choose number of levels to show from link nodes)
Basemind in action